Our location

Wathne’s House

Our temporary location
Wathne’s House is a historical building in Fáskrúðsfjörður. It’s origin can be traced back to 1882 when Otto Wathne started fishing herring from Fáskrúðsfjörður and it is now the oldest building in the village. It was originally a „seahouse“ where sailors tended their nets and processed their catch, built at the end of a wharf jutting out in front of it. It has had many roles in connection with fisheries, such as a fish processing, salt storage and a workshop. During World War II, half a dozen British soldiers lived in the house and a few decades ago, a new section was added to it but it has now been reduced in size and renovated to its original look. It is 106 square meters in size.

The Wharf House

Our future location
The Wharf House’s exterior has recently been renovated and is now in harmony with other buildings in the vicinity. It was built during the sixties and serviced the herring fleet in the area during the height of the so called „herring adventure“. KFFB, a local company, bought the house when the herring disappeared and herring fishing stopped and utilized it a service centre for it’s own fishing vessels. It is 170 square meters in size and is located on a recently renovated wharf.

Hafnargata 7
750 Fáskrúðsfjörður

N64° 55’ 33.471”
W14° 0’ 0.517”

Where is Fáskrúðsfjörður?

Auroras Iceland